Transforming Your Business Through Psychological Safety with Stephan Wiedner
In this episode, we dive into the importance of psychological safety, the basic principles that create it, and how it can impact the coaching industry with my guest Stephan Wiedner.
Stephan Wiedner is a psychological safety expert whose career has focused on developing sustainable high performance leaders, teams, and organizations. His passion for unleashing the collective potential of people has led him to cofound Noomii.com, the web’s largest network of independent life coaches, Skillsetter.com, the deliberate practice platform for interpersonal skills, and Zarango.com, the psychological safety training experts.
Stephan has been a guest speaker for Truth, Lies, and Workplace Culture Podcast, Scrum Master Toolbox Podcast, Building Psychological Strength Podcast, and many other audiences interested in psychology, business, and technology. His writing has been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur, and other popular publications. Stephan is married with two children and enjoys spending quality time outdoors, hiking, biking, camping, and reading.
We explore what psychological safety is and its significance in creating a healthy environment for individuals to grow and learn. We then move on to the basic principles that create psychological safety and highlight the importance of factors such as emotional expression, empathy, and acceptance.
Whether you’re a coach or simply interested in leveraging psychological safety, this episode is packed with valuable insights and actionable steps to take.
We talk about:
- [0:00] Intro
- [3:25] What psychological safety is
- [5:15] Basic principles that create psychological safety
- [11:15] Positioning yourself as a high quality coach
- [15:45] The 8 layers of a marketing video
- [16:55] Verbal Flow
- [17:50] The ability to generate hope and positive expectation
- [18:40] The power of persuasiveness
- [19:15] Emotional expression
- [20:00] Acceptance and being non judgmental
- [20:30] Having empathy and alliance capacity
- [21:20] Interpersonal responsiveness
- [23:30] How to integrate these 8 principles
- [27:05] The marketplace he has built for coaches
- [28:35] The impact Stephan hopes to make around psychological safety
- [31:00] One action step to take from this episode
Connect with Stephan here:
Connect with Kaye here: